Monday, December 06, 2004

Garfield

Do you remember that cartoon? You know, the one with the big orange cat who was incredibly cynical and hated spiders and Odie, and above all, Monday's?

That's how I felt this morning.

I once again couldn't sleep. I find some days it is easier to relax than other days. I know I got some sleep, but not very much, so I plan on going to bed earlier tonight.

So that was the beginning to my bad day.

Then I wake up and I'm freezing. I sleep with the window open because the rooms are so tiny and it gets so stuffy in here. When I get to the window to close it, what do I see?

Snow. Lots. Of. Snow.

I almost started crying right then and there (oh, I also forget to mention that I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and it never went off giving me about 40 minutes to have a shower and get everything together for class this morning.)

I had a test in class, which was stupid as usual. I find it amazing how one teacher can make you love English more than anything, and another can make you wish writing involved less words (if that makes ANY sense whatsoever.)

Also, this is the first day of 23-hour quiet hour. Right, like that'll work. Basically the RA's and the Resident Life Advisors got it into their thick skulls that it would be cool, for two whole weeks to limit when we can and when we cannot make noise. Basically, I am only aloud to play music between 8-9 PM and even then it has to be quiet. I am not aloud to prop my door open, and talking in the hallways is pretty much prohibited.

OK, I can live with most of the rules that they have put in place here. I can deal with being quiet and respectful of others, because if I was living in my own apartment, the same rules would apply. But in no way do I believe it is necessary that people tell me what I can and cannot do with my door.

I live in a cell as is! I will go crazy and take a knife to someone if I have to coop myself up in my room for 23 hours a day! I swear, if they come and tell me to shut my door, they are going to get a piece of me! I'm serious! I am going to stand up for my right to air out my room in piece. I mean, I'm not playing music, I'm not talking loudly, I even turned off the speakers on my computer so no unwanted noise can be made. If they won't let me be in my room with the door open, then they will find me in the hallway with my door closed (and if there is anything they hate more than doors open when they're not supposed to be, it's people loitering in the hallways when they're not supposed to be.)

Not a good start to a week. When this week is over things may start to look up again.

Catch ya on the flip side.

Oh, and for some reason I cannot open imdb.com. I don't know why. Ever other website I try to go to works, and I can't open that one. AND IT'S THE ONLY ONE I NEED FOR SCHOOLWORK! Life is so not fair.

On a side note, why do some people get away with breaking the rules while others don't? Currently, as I type, there are at least two, maybe 3 or 4 girls standing outside their doors talking in the hallway in very loud and obnoxious voices...oh and the music just started. Yet, when my friends try to knock on someone's door, there is a huge uproar from the RA. Maybe she has realized that some people don't like her very much and wants to make their lives miserable.

That's all. I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home