Girls Are Weird
Ok (*this message added as an afterthought*)...before you start reading this, I'm going to warn you that this posting is completely random and totally stupid. I don't know why I felt it was important to write all this, but I got too into it and now there is no turning back. If you don't like my stupidty, go back to the last page you were on and enjoy it, because there will be nothing you enjoy about this post. Ok, now that I have got that off my chest, here goes nothing:
I have been living on an all-girls floor for about 7 months now, and I feel that I have to agree with any single (not single as in romantically single, but single as in individual) guy out there who thinks that girls are weird.
We are. We (sadly) truly, truly are.
When I applied to live in rez, I applied to be on a non-alcoholic coed floor. Mom wanted me to either be on an all-girls floor or on one where alcohol wasn't permitted. Well, later when I got my letter telling me what room I'd be in, it appeared that there wasn't enough interest in having a non-alcoholic floor (duh...it's college...were the people who thought up a non-alcholic floor drunk or something? heehee!), so I ended up on the all girls floor.
I will admit, I was a bit bummed. I've never been that great at getting along with girls, and find that I'm better at sitting back and hanging out with the guys. Anyway, this was my opportunity to make some more girl-friends (not to replace my Lindsay, Jocelyn, and Kelley of course!)
It hasn't been too bad...girls are typically tidy creatures, so we have had no incidents of crazy vomiting in the hallways or some other typical guy issues. Actually, the only time we have had problems on the hallway are when girls bring their stupid/drunk boyfriends to stay over (but I'll get to that later.)
Now to the reason girls are weird. I have noticed, throughout the year, that a majority of girls have an issues with using the washroom when other girls are in the washroom (OK...I was trying to find a way to word that last sentence properly so it wouldn't sound totally weird, but it still sounded weird. You know what I mean though.)
I'm serious though. It doesn't matter how bad a girl has to go to the washroom - she will sit there in complete, mind-boggling silence until anyone who was previously present in the washroom vacates the premises. I have seen girls go as far as turning on the water, hitting the hand drying fan, coughing, and making any noise possible to cover up the sound of their washroom-going.
Now, what perplexed me the most when I first realized this is this simple fact: "Girls like to go to the washroom in groups." Then it hit me: if there is someone there to act as a safety net and make noise for you, you're in the clear. A friend can turn on the tap for you, play with the fan, talk aimlessly about whatever gossip strikes her fancy or do something that will distract everyone else from what you are doing. This is why women have no problem using public washrooms. There are so many little groups of people making noise that nobody hears a thing (also solving the mystery of why there is always a line to get in the women's washroom...because public washrooms are a safe, noisy, washroom-going haven.)
I just find it completely odd. Like seriously - if you have to use the washroom, use it! God made us all the same...we all excrete the same form of material at one point or another! Don't just sit there and make yourself feel worse to a point where you're ready to burst just because you don't want someone to hear it. Feeling like crap (sorry...I so couldn't resist that pun) is not worth it, ok? Got it now?
On another note...girls need to stop bringing their skeezy boyfriends to the floor.
About two weeks ago at 1:30 in the morning there was insanely loud banging and screaming and shouting coming from my floor. It was freaky to a point that I got up and bolted my door shut (and our doors lock automatically behind us.)
To make a long story short, some girl and her boyfriend got into a HUGE fight (details are unclear if he hit her or not (or vice versa)) but they both got upset (he was totally hammered) and she kicked him out. He stood in the hallway screaming at her and pounding on the doorway and was throwing something around. I swear it sounded like someone had tossed a television into the stairwell outside my door. It was creepy. A girl on the floor called security and the boyfriend was taken away.
So our RA goes to talk to the girl the next day who tells the RA that she and her boyfriend broke up and that we wouldn't be seeing him around anymore. We can all sleep safe...
Until she brought the slime-ball back. I'm serious - this guy is totally creepy; (I'm hoping she never hears about my blog...my comments are complete truth, but I have issues saying nasty things to peoples faces, or having them find out and then I'm forced to defend it...though the only time she ever talks to me is when she needs something, so I probably have no need to care anyway) he is missing his front teeth (we assume from smoking crack which, as a few girls on my floor tell me, rot your teeth...I swear I haven't tried the stuff, so I don't know this from personal experience...that's icky!), and he dresses like a total thug (thugs are scary.) And I really didn't even care that much until he just casually waltzed into the washroom like he owned the place.
Ok...some girls here are on an all-girls floor because they choose not to be around guys (for religious/other reasons that are perfectly acceptable.) We made a rule that if you had guys on the floor who wanted to use the washroom he either had to a) go down a floor to a coed floor and use their washroom or b) have you (the resident) go check the washroom to see if anyone was there, and upon clearing the washroom, stand outside until he was done inside. For some reason this guy and girl think they are above the rules and she just lazes in her room while he uses our all-girl washroom.
I personally don't care...but some girls do. That's my point. If it at least was a well-respected, nice guy I'm sure even those girls wouldn't care either. But when slime-balls break the rules, well someone has to pay.
I'm angry (not really over this, but I think this just added a spark to whatever I was feeling earlier) so the next time I see the RA I'm so telling her (I know I'm a rat) in order to get this utter creep out of our washroom (and hopefully off our floor.)
We've had problems with other boyfriends before (breaking security rules, drunken incidents) but most have them have stopped seeing as some residents have left and some boyfriends have been dumped.
OK...my fingers are tired...I hope you enjoyed my stupid posting. Let me know what you think...it's fun to get feedback every once in awhile.
I just had the weirdest deja-vu...I've done this before (and this isn't even the post that I had to retype!) I am just as weirded out as I was yesterday when I folded a shirt and put it away and then turned around to find it sitting under a pile of clothes on my bed. Now that I'm going crazy and losing my mind, I'm going to stop typing...now!
1 Comments:
I feel as though I need to explain myself, since I'm a girl. I'M not THAT weird. I may giggle about something that really isn't funny, but I've seen guys do that. And the #1 thing that I REFUSE to do, is that I will never go to the bathroom with a group. I mean what's the point? I don't gossip, and I'm pretty sure that at 19, I am capable of going pee without a support group... lol Just needed to clarify that the "weird" girls aren't a majority. Ky, are you weird??? ROFL
Post a Comment
<< Home