Are You Happy Now?
A someone (I was going to say a few people, but that would be lying as it has only been one person) has been bugging me for a few days to update my blog, so here goes.
Last Monday I was a little ball of nerves. There were signs up all over rez stating that the results related to who was chosen to be an RA next year were going to be delivered later in the evening.
I wasn't sure how they were going to be delivered, so I couldn't sit still during class while I dreamed about that phone-call/letter/whatever that hopefully delivered the news I wanted to hear.
Anyway, to make a potentially long and boring story short, around 7:00 I heard some people walking down the hallway, and when I glanced up I noticed that my RA was standing there with an envelope in her hand. Anxiously I tore it open, and what did I discover?
I didn't get it. :(
Ok...I'm lying! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOT IT!
This is awesome! I get paid $210/week (or something near that) to make friends with people on my floor, tell people to be quiet, and take booze away from underagers. How cool is that? (Ok...there is actually more to the job, but that's all the residents see.)
The only negative side is that it pretty much eats up a month of my summer. Right after I get back from Mexico I have to pack up and head back here for the 12th where I will go for two days of first aid and CPR training and then I will launch into 2 weeks of RA training including suicide intervention, team-building, and stuff like that. It won't be totally bad...I get to meet new people, make friends (and money!), and get settled before the residents show up!
Fast forward to Friday. Jay had been planning a party for a few weeks, and invited all his friends from back home, all of whom I was very anxious to meet (I had heard so much about them!)
So they all show up and it was a lot like being with my group of friends. They were all noisy, hyper, and downright crazy!
It was pretty funny; one of his friends sat down and started asking me how long Jay and I had been together, and how we met and stuff. After I answered all his questions he was like "That's really nice! If you dump him, I'll kill you." Now the average person might do a double take when someone says something like this, but it immediately reminded me of a line from Clerks when Randal says to Caitlin "If you break his heart, I'll kill you. No hard feelings." I told him about that being my first though and from there it launched into a long and fun convo about film and television and stuff like that.
Then one of Jay's friends somehow busted the lock on his door. Now, keep in mind that Jay lives in a condo. Condo = one door. And this happened at like 12:00 at night. To complicate matters, there wasn't enough room for everyone to say over (if any of them planned on getting any sleep) and they had to get on the subway by 1:30 before it stopped running. Oh, and security wasn't being very helpful.
Solution? A little something to do with balconies that makes me want to hurl when I think of it.
That's right folks - they climbed over the balcony onto the neighboring balcony and asked the guy inside to let them out his door. All 12 (or thereabouts) of them!
The locksmith came the next morning and managed to get the lock off the door (it was completely shot after the whole ordeal) after about two hours of working at it. Once again, to complicate matters Jay had furniture coming, and then his aunt and uncle showed up unexpectedly, so there was a little crowd waiting outside the door once it was finally opened.
Then I did pick-up shots and voice-over recording all weekend (hence my lack of posts over the weekend!)
I know I've been lazy on my blog, but you must understand: last week was reading week so I was blogging like crazy because I was bored to tears. Then I had to get back into the swing of school and was so sleepy/lazy I couldn't bring myself to relate my exciting events in post.
I think I'm a pretty good blogger...I update semi-regularly and I have a mixture of slightly humourous and personal posts. And I have pictures...pictures are good.
Anyway, I'm so going to bed. I don't feel I'm getting enough sleep lately.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home