Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Just Keep Going And Going And Going And Going...

Now that my batteries have been recharged by the sun, I must say that I feel great. So great, I even voluntarily exercised. I was wandering around in my bathing suit (which, three weeks after buying it I get to wear legitimately for the first time), soaking up rays yesterday when I got a sudden, inexplicable urge to do situps. I don't know what came over me, but I sat down and did situps. Then, moments later Jocelyn called me, and within minutes I was out the door for a beautiful (and LONG walk with my three bestest ladies.)

It's weird though...I never thought I would be saying this, but the sunshine makes it so I don't care that I have to get up at 6:30 every morning. To wake up with the sun falling peaceful across your face is the best feeling in the world.

I'm working on getting some colour this summer...I don't need a Hollywood tan or anything...I just want to look...hmmm...sunkissed. Sunkissed is definitely a happy word...I mean, kisses are fun, and the sun is super, so sunkissed = super fun! Yay for sunkisses!

I'm really, REALLY hoping that the weather holds out until at least Saturday...I'm going for a star walk. When I am in Toronto I miss the sky so much it hurts, and after we see Joseph Saturday night, Bryan offered to take me stargazing (which will be so extremely wicked.) I know he reads this, so this is my reminder for him. Hey Bryan...you're taking me stargazing...no backing out!

For anyone who was wondering, training at my new job is going well. I am making insane amounts of money for sitting on my butt all day and processing pretend orders. I'm sure when I'm on the floor and have to aggressively upsell people and whatnot that I will actually earn my wage, but I almost sorta doubt it.

It's definitely tough to sit inside though, when you know the sun is HOT outside. It just figures that as soon as I start work, the sun becomes ridiculously ubiquitous. It's not too bad though...just proves to me that God has a sense of humour, and a good joke now and then never hurt anyone.

Anyway, there is so much more I want to say, but it'll have to wait for another time, for a few reasons. 1) The sun has fried my brain...ask Jocelyn or Lindsay...they had to deal with my antics at Dairy Queen tonight. 2) My head feels like it's in the clouds lately 3) I have this strange compulsion to go to bed seeing as I have to get up for work in less than 7 hours.

Sweetest dreams, my dearest readers.

P.S. I'm in such a happy mood, I want you all here so I can hug you and let you know that you're special...just like me! And that you're special to me! Oh, we're all so special!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"special enough for the special olympics"

you're just so special kyla ;)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said...

ubiquitous...what kind of a word is that. Why can't you talk like normal people. :)

and yes Dairy Queen was so much fun...naughty fun that is!

PS: I'm writing this while you were upstairs cooking supper for us! Thank you Darling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home