If You Don't Mind, I Think I'm Gonna Rant For A Bit...
...Not that all y'all aren't used to my ranting.
I guess some people piss me off. To be a little bit more precise, rude people piss me off...like inconsiderate people in the movie theatre...Let me set up the story for you.
So Bryan and I go out for a lovely (albeit muggy) night in Saint John and decide to go do pretty much the only thing you can do in this lovely place I call home. We decide that we are going to go to the movies.
So after a super dinner at East Side Mario's we go to the movies to see Crash. Now, for those of you who have not yet seen this movie, do! It is one of the most amazing and powerful movies I have seen in a long time. This was my second time seeing it, but I enjoyed it so much that I didn't mind seeing it again, and I really wanted Bryan to see it (plus it beat seeing something stupid like Monster In-Law which I'm not linking to purely on principle.) Now Crash is a pretty serious movie; I mean, yes, it has it's funny moments, and there are points where I can understand that some would feel the need to laugh in order to brush off the awkwardness/vulnerable feeling that is present simply because of the heavy topic that the movie deals with. With that being said, this movie is not a comedy. It is tragic and disturbing and moving and should in no way help you break into a fit of the giggles.
Tell that to the cursed 15-year olds in the first section of the theatre.
First of all they show up and can't figure where to sit (there were a lot of them.) Then they finally sit down, and decide that they are going to talk. Then a few minutes into the movie I guess that some of them decided that they felt hungry, and were going to get snacks. But hey, heaven forbid you get in the way of your neighbors conversation, so jump over the seats to get out, why don't you? And they laughed. They managed to laugh at the saddest, most heart-wrenching moments in the movie. I personally wanted to go up to them and strangle one to set an example for the others.
Then there was the woman in front of me who kept checking her bloody cell phone for calls. Now most of you know that I am a cell phone hater as is, but I can deal with other people having them. But when those cursed blue buttons are shining in my eyes and distracting me from the screen, I want to take your cell phone and shove it so far up your nose you will sneeze ring tones. Then, she decides that she is going to make a call, and then gets up and leaves 10 minutes before the movie is over.
I sorta wonder what some of these people did before cell phones...you know, the days when you could go out and have fun and enjoy yourself without worrying who was looking for you.
Then, I guess almost everyone in the theatre was in a real hurry to get out of there, because most of them had their coats on and their garbage collected a good two minutes before the movie was over, and were walking out the door. I mean, I was near the front of the theatre, so maybe there was a fire in the back of the theatre that I failed to notice, but it pissed me off that these people couldn't sit still for another 120 seconds until the credits appeared.
After I had calmed down, we decided to go for coffee. Right, like I need coffee at midnight.
Actually, it wasn't too bad...it calmed me down (believe it or not) and Bryan and I had a good laugh while I tried to eat this super sticky doughnut and managed to get it all over me.
I figured I wouldn't sleep after ingesting caffeine so late at night, so I came home intent on blogging, but the computer had already been turned off, so I decided that it could wait until later. So I did some puzzles and then crawled into bed around 2:00.
It was funny...while I was trying to fall asleep, I must have been lying funny or something, because my nose was making snoring noises, but I was still wide awake. It was like my body had fallen asleep, but my mind hadn't caught up yet. I eventually had to tell myself to stop snoring so I could fall asleep! Ha!
I guess you had to be there...and since none of you were, you're gonna have to take my word for it.
Anywho, I'm working on a really geeky project (because I am an uber geek, and proud of it), so I'm gonna end this post...now!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home