A Long Day
Today was an interesting day. I woke up really early (7:00...that's early for me!) to review my notes before my midterm in camera class today. The beauty about living in res (as I have discovered) is the fact that I only have to leave with 5 minutes to spare to get to my classes, so I can really literally do last minute studying!
The midterm was good. He was going to give us an hour to write it (it's only college, people!) but it took me about 20 minutes. Basically, a couple of weeks ago he gave us a worksheet and told us to memorize it, because there would be a test on it. The short answer questions were worth 4 marks each, and I started worrying that I hadn't put enough information into each of my answers. I mean, the definition given to us for lens was as follows:
the lens: gathers light
Amazing.
I mean, how much can elaborate on that to get the full 4 marks? I stopped panicing however, when I saw that each true/false question was worth 4 marks as well. Maybe he just wanted it to be a nice number to add up? Scary though...one wrong answer can really lower your mark.
I got out of class early though. He said we could go away or come back so he could show us some mistakes we made in our project. Since I was pretty confident that my assignment didn't totally suck, I decided to go back to res and sleep. This time I made sure my door was closed, so if I went into sleep paralysis again I knew for sure that there were no intruders in my room. I guess my mom goes into sleep paralysis a great deal as well, so maybe I'm becoming more like her everyday. My mom's cool, but I really not. Sorry mom! :)
So I woke after two hours (when I say power napping, I mean power nap!) and went to my other class which was boring. The teacher tore apart on of my most favourite (and most famous) commericals EVER!!!!! You remember that "I am Joe, and I am Canadian" rant? She talked about how a large portion of the things mention are typical of white Canadians and that it wasn't representing a mulitcultural viewpoint.
Funny coincidence, though. Later my sister wanted me to proofread an essay she did on democracy, and she quoted that speech. I guess that gave me an edge with my proofreading duties! Thing is, about her essay...she asked me what my opinion was on democracy, and I told her, only to have her turn around and use my points in her essay. Little nerd! Oh well, I guess that's what big sisters are for.
I'm still trying to get my blog problem fix. I've had some feedback (thanks Alyssa!) that some can actually see the profile box where it is supposed to be. Those some others (myself included) cannot. I e-mailed the blog gods, so hopefully they respond soon, because as we all know I am obsessive compulsive and the imperfection of that is beginning to drive me nuts!
Here's a game I found. It's cute. I don't think you'll be able to beat it, but it's good for a laugh. Oh, and make sure your volume is up. I swear it's not one of those stupid things where you get really into the game/story/whatever and a scary face pops out and scares the living whatevers out of you. You'll just miss the fun stuff if there is no volume!
I think I should probably hit the hay now. Class isn't until 1:00 tomorrow, but I think I will get up and get some stuff done.
LOST IS ON TOMORROW! WATCH IT! IT IS AWESOME!
I think that is all for now...
Tell me if I am forgetting anything...
G'night!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home