Odds And Ends
I figured I'd throw a little update your way before I went to my father's house for the Thanksgiving weekend. This will, as the title suggests, be a random compiling of odds and ends from my life over the past little while. To help your reading experience, I have put BOLD titles at the top of each paragraph so you can choose what you want to read, and what you don't want to read. Happy? I should think so...
The Big Bang
No...this isn't a paragraph about some theory relating about how the earth came into existence. This relates to what I woke up to at 6:15 this morning.
I have woken up to the sound of rain for the past couple days. We've been having really weird weather lately, from below 0°C freezing, to hot and humid, to rain, to my absolute favourite at 6:15 AM - earth-shattering, ground-moving thunder and lightning.
At the peak of the storm, there was lightening every 5 seconds or less (yes, I counted.) There were a couple mind-numbing thunder booms as well. Literally, it sounded like a jet had crashed outside my window and exploded. My windows rattled, and the stuff in my room shook. It was pretty freakin' awesome. I've been waiting for a storm like that all summer, and when I didn't get one (or at least, didn't get one like the ones I grew up with in the prairies), I was pretty disappointed, but this totally made up for it.
Drunken Injuries
I sure hope you're reading this paragraph, because I don't want you to assume the wrong thing based solely on the title. Read the story, THEN feel free to judge.
So yesterday was the 19th birthday of a friend of mine that I work with (for those of you who don't know, the legal drinking age in Ontario is 19...please save me the trouble and put two and two together for yourself.)
Anyway, all of us who weren't on call decided to go to the bar and make sure he celebrated the right way (I think we succeeded.) I had a few drinks while I was there, and when he was on the verge of being kicked out we all left to save ourselves the embarassment (and make life easier for the bouncer.) Anyway, we're walking back when all of a sudden the drunken birthday kid throws his arms around me for support on the way home. So, being the good friend I am (and having drank nothing CLOSE to what he drank), I helped him walk back to the residence. Please keep in mind that I am wearing heels, and am out of practice wearing my heels considering that I bought a pair of Crocs two weeks ago and have fallen in love with them, and wear them everywhere (even the bar most of the time, but they didn't go with my outfit last night.)
Anyway, we are almost back to the residence (and I am looking at the ground, concentrating very strongly on my feet, making sure I am walking in a straight line because I am supporting someone who clearly isn't.) He says something out of nowhere (to be honest, I don't remember what it was, not because of the alcohol but because of the events following his statement), and I look up to look at him as though to say "you've got to be kidding me."
That one quick glance ruined me. As I did that, his feet stumbled in front of mine and he went down onto the gravel, taking me with him. He rolled...I managed to get away with just a sliced up kneecap. I must admit though, even though I was oozing blood (and at that point wasn't sure if he had hit his head when he went down) my first thought was "Oh my gosh, I hope none of those people standing outside the residence saw us! How embarassing!"
And unfortunately, since everyone else had been drinking, I had to bandage myself up. It was amusing.
Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah
As if I haven't been busy enough with school lately (my Bud commercial went spectacularly by the way...I'll find a way to show it to you when it's done) and my 24-hour a day job, I've decided to do extracurricular activities. Yesterday I checked out the Christian Fellowship group on campus, which was cool because I got to sing my heart out to some of my favourite songs, and no one judged me on how bad my voice is (yay for being a joyful noisemaker!)
Today, I played intramural volleyball. We put together a team of RA's (coed) to play volleyball against other teams in the school on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Our team is called Cranked (apparently in honour of the latest Jason Statham movie.) We lost our first game, but it's cool because we still have a lot of game play left.)
The Sexy Voice Of Camp Choice
I did a voice over for a promotional video this past summer at work for an educational camp that is just getting started at my college. You can check it out online (Cookie, I recommend this for you because I know you miss the sultry sound of my voice.)
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bit proud. I think I sound pretty darn good, and normally I don't think that about my own voice. The video is 8 1/2 minutes long, and I don't expect you to watch the entire thing because the subject matter is of no interest to you, but if you just check out the beginning, it's pretty cool.
(As a sidebar, I also wrote the script...just in case you were interested.)
Rediscoveries Rock
This summer I bought some plastic drawers for storage in my dorm room. I folded all my t-shirts and put them in one of the drawers...and then promptly forgot about them. I just rediscovered them today and feel like I have a whole new wardrobe. Oh the excitement of it all.
That's All, Folks
I think that's all I can think of from the last little while. School is school, work is work. Here is a random song AND a random YouTube to keep you entertained until my next post.
Why this song? Because it currently rocks my world.
Why this movie? Same reason...oh and because I have just discovered comedian Dane Cook and think he is a funny, albeit slightly rude, guy. And he has a new movie coming out this week that looks like it will be a riot.
(As yet another sidebar, I considered not putting up this video because it is DEFINITELY not for all audiences. Dane Cook swears like a mofo, and has some not so nice themes, but at the same time, this is my blog, and you don't have to watch the video if you're not into that kind of thing. So yeah...this is a rude video...you have a choice. Don't shoot the blogger.)
3 Comments:
Kyla!
Love the voice-over, I definitely found it to be quite a sizzlingly sultry soundtrack.
And yes, Dane Cook rocks, I watched that vid in Katimavik, pretty frickin hilarious.
Miss ya!
I saw you!!
Nice yellow tshirt hehe.
I like when you reccommend things to me.. it makes me feel special in all the right ways.. ;)
Sexy voice... oh ya!
I know whatyou mean about hearing your own voice though, it can be weird, don't you think? Kind of like, do I sound like that?
Post a Comment
<< Home