Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Psychic Tendencies

I don't know if it's from being in overdrive these past few weeks (so much work, so little time) but I am starting to have frightening psychic experiences.

Now, before I go off and tell you my weird experiences, I want you to know that I don't REALLY believe in psychicism (is that even a word?) I think the people who write those books about speaking to the dead, and the ones that read palms and the others that derive fortunes from tarot cards are full of crap. Now, I realize I just totally stereotyped and judged the "psychic industry" and I apologize to anyone who actually believes that they, in some way shape or form, can tell the future. I don't mean anything against you as a person, I just don't agree with what you do.

That being said, my experiences are weirder than just plain old coincidence. One day I was sitting in my editing class, and I was on a movie website and I was reading reviews about movies, both new and old. And every time I would look at a new movie, my teacher would somehow mention it in his lecture. He couldn't see my computer screen so he could have no idea what I was actually looking at, so it freaked me out. This happened at least 5 or 6 times throughout the course of a 3 hour class.

Other occurances? I'll randomly think of a song, and it'll be the next thing that plays on my itunes/ipod (which, by the way, is set to shuffle.) I'll think of a person and they'll be the next person to walk by my door. I'll think of someone totally random, and they'll be equally randomly mentioned in a phone call with my mother. I have constant deja-vu's - it's like I've already done this life once and am suddenly doing it over again.

I guess I can attribute it to stress and to lack of sleep. My brain is obviously playing games with me. Either that or God is. Maybe they've teamed up and are just waiting to go in for the kill. Who knows?

Though, can someone promise me that if I start claiming to have moved things with my mind, or tell you about the great conversation over dinner with Elvis and Marilyn Monroe, that I will be promptly checked into a mental ward? Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Can we put you in now?... Consider it my way of planning ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home