Sunday, March 26, 2006

Photo Blues

I was cleaning out some old files and I came across this picture from Christmas that I forgot I had.

This picture makes me laugh my freakin' butt off. When I see it, I am not only reminded what a goof I am, but I have friends that are good enough to capture my goofiness on camera.

This is tame...you should see the photo evidence from New Years. Oi!


I am currently mourning the loss of some funny photos that I liked. I was cleaning my memory card on my digital camera, and deleted them to make room, and then discovered that I hadn't transferred them to my computer yet. I really liked them, and would like a moment of silence for the photos.



















Thank you.

What were the photos you ask? Basically we were pulling into the parking lot of West Edmonton Mall and I was really excited and took two pictures of myself and my "happy" face to commemorate the moment. But alas, they are gone forever. I've tried ever file recovery program I can find, and nothing. And unfortunately they aren't worth enough to pay a professional to try and recover them, so I give up. But I do have this funny photo to share from my trip to Edmonton.


This picture deserves a story.

I was shopping with my friend Adam when a shirt in the window caught my eye, so I walk on in. I found the shirt near the front of the story, and when I walk to the back to try it on, it becomes clearer and clearer by the second that I had unsuspectingly walked into a store that was partially a clothing store, but was mostly a store that featured...ahem...role-playing apparel.

Adam thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious, and insisted on taking a picture of me in a "fireman's hat." I put that in quotations only because it's not a real fireman's hat, but rather, a hat with ulterior motives. Note the half smile in the photo? I am partially amused, partially mortified, and partially want to get it off my head because I can only imagine what someone is going to use it for sometime in the future!

Anyway, the strike is over and we're back to school on Tuesday. Oh joy of joys. At least the year is almost up! I can't wait to soak in that summer sun!

I applied for a job, and I'm pretty confident that I will get it. I really wanted to apply to be a rollercoaster operator at Wonderland, but my parents told me I should stick to something a bit more professional. But seriously...how cool would it be to be a rollercoaster operator? And thing about how awesome that would look on a resume! I can just see me in my next interview:

"Yes, Mr. Whatshisname, I was a Resident Assistant, and SR Resident Assistant, and I did some volunteer work in Mexico. But my best job ever was making sure people had their seatbelts on and pressing the big 'GO' button on the Mindbuster at Wonderland. What a fabulous summer that was."

Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.

P.S. If you haven't seen V For Vendetta yet, I recommend you get off your butt now and drive to the theatre and see it. I've seen it twice already, and one of those times was in IMAX, and, as melo-dramatic as this is gonna sound, it was the best movie-going experience of my life, and I for one have had some pretty awesome movie-going experiences.

See it. Love it. And then talk to me about it.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

The best eh? hmmm I'll remember that and put it in the back of mind to pull out at some point when you are unsuspecting and claim to enjoy another movie better... like a Steve Buscemi movie (if I spelled that wrong, I'm moving)

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that was the argument she was trying to say Linny. She didn't say best movie ever, but best movie-going experience ever.

I've seen some amazing movies during horrible movie-going experiences.

Or maybe I'm way off base. KYLA INTERVENE!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Kyla said...

Andy has it right. I have seen better movies than V For Vendetta, but as far as experiences go (respectful viewers, sound, visuals) this topped them all.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

ok... way to bash me.. publicly... behind my back, with me right here! How deffinately rude!
Now I will simply state... meh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home