Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shameless Self Promotion

I haven't blogged in awhile...I guess I haven't had much to write...UNTIL NOW!

My life has become really routine and void of any major news, but just a few minutes ago I made a decision that I am VERY excited about, and hope that you can share in my excitement, and if possible, support me through this!

Some of you might remember my "Life List" that I wrote down way back in October of 2006. Since then, I've managed to complete a few of them (Skydive, get a tattoo, etc.) and I've come pretty close on a few others (Guitar Hero has prompted me to do #4, I've done a lot of research in #30 and hope to get it done before 2008 is over, and I'm so close to #32...I'm just not consistent yet.)

Back to my point, in two months time, I am going to accomplish my #45: Climb The Stairs of the CN Tower.

That's right, friends. I am going to brave all 1776 steps (or 144 flights) in order to be able to cross another goal off my list.

I can't even tell you how excited I am...since I began consistently working out in August of last year, I've lost nearly 25 pounds, so being able to do this will not only mean meeting a life goal, but it will be meeting a health goal as well...it will have the strength and ability to take on a daunting task such as this.

(This is where the shameless self promotion comes in.)

While I think they used to let you pay a fee and climb the stairs, as far as I know that opportunity no longer exists, so you have to wait for a charitable opportunity arises to have the opportunity to climb the tower.

In April, the climb is for the WWF (World Wildlife Fund), which strives to take on the daunting task of educating and encouraging the inhabitants of our beautiful planet to conserve our resources and take care of our world. It is a great cause that benefits everyone who has ever called planet earth home.

So if you feel so inclined help see me meet my goal (or if you just want to do it for all the pandas and turtles and monkeys and hippos (etc) in the world), please click on THIS LINK to support me in my climb up the tower.

Please do not feel obligated to provide financial backing. I also accept hugs, words of encouragement, funny jokes, and training tips to help me make this a possibility.

If you are able to help, the creatures of the world thank you, as do I.


This turtle wants you to support Kyla...


As does this baby panda.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I enjoy how you use the innosence of a baby panda for your own personal gain. I love you Cookie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home