I'm Beatrice McBrady For Bee News...
I'm feeling ridiculously bored, but don't have anything of any interest to blog about today.
Oh wait...maybe I do.
I had one of the best times I've ever had on set this weekend. We were filming a mockumentary about Hollywood actors and producers and directors, and one of the scenes involved a glitzy movie premiere. We filmed the movie premiere at a theatre in Oakville. (As a bit of trivia, this theatre became a church for a short while before reverting back to being a theatre. Before I moved to New Brunswick, I used to lead the drama program for my youth group on Sunday nights when it was held at the theatre. It was very surreal to be back again.) Anyway, we pulled out all the stops for this scene. We had them change the marquee to read "Sweet Melissa: World Premiere", and there was a red carpet, and a moving spotlight...there was even a stretch limo! We got a whole ton of people to act as die hard fans of the actors, and we had about 8 "paparazzi" present, flashing cameras the entire time.
What was my role? Well, no red carpet would be complete without the red carpet journalist. I got to dress up and do my hair and makeup, and was handed a microphone for the "Bee News" station. From there I improvised myself a character (Beatrice McBrady for Bee News, with the buzz on what is happening at the world premiere of "Sweet Melissa"), and I got to improvise interviews with the actors as they emerged from the stretch limo.
It was a lot of fun (albeit cold...we had to pretend it was Hollywood, so I stood outside in a minidress in the middle of a Canadian November), and I am really looking forward to seeing the final product in the new year.
Anyway, before I remembered that story, I was going to post one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, featuring one of my favourite actors, Peter Sarsgaard. For any of you who watched the news at all a couple years ago, you should get a kick out of this.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home