Oh Horror Of Horrors
At this point, two sleeps away from my CN Tower stair climb, I *should* be posting my incredibly awesome, inspirational playlist that I will be listening to as I venture up all 144 flights.
But I'm not.
There is no playlist.
There will be no playlist.
They don't allow mp3 players in the stairwell.
I learned this a few days ago as I was reading one of the newsletters that the WWF send us via e-mail to keep us motivated and share last-minute reminders.
There, in huge letters was a link - REMINDER, THIS IS A HANDS-FREE CLIMB.
Curious, I hit it.
There are no mp3 players of any kind allowed in the stairwell. You can't take your cell phone. No water bottles. NOTHING.
The most you can have is a fanny pack to hold keys and ID (I have a pocket in my shirt that will probably do the trick.)
Needless to say I was a bit devastated. Not only am I climbing more stairs (in one go) then I have in my whole life, I have to do it while listening to the mind-numbingness of my own thoughts and the sound of my lungs gasping for air. Great.
Anyway, I'm still doing it, and after watching An Inconvenient Truth this past weekend, I'm even more inspired to climb to save our deteriorating planet. Thanks to all who have supported me along the way - financially and with your words of encouragement.
More to come, post-climb.
1 Comments:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No music! That's insane!
Good luck kitteh. I'll be rooting for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home