Karaoke Kyla
I can't sing. Everyone knows this. Yet I love karaoke. Go figure.
I am a joyful noisemaker. What I severely lack in talent, I make up for with pure, unadulterated enthusiasm.
I sang for you, Cookie, like I said I would (it's a song I thought you could appreciate):
"But you always really knew/
I just wanna be with you/
And I’m in so deep/
You know I’m such a fool for you/
You got me wrapped around your finger/
Do you have to let it linger/
Do you have to do you have to/
Do you have to let it linger"
I just wanna be with you/
And I’m in so deep/
You know I’m such a fool for you/
You got me wrapped around your finger/
Do you have to let it linger/
Do you have to do you have to/
Do you have to let it linger"
In other news, I think I just lost a lot of respect for Gwen Stefani after hearing a couple girls singing her new song in the elevator:
They got all offended when I asked them why they were singing the yodeling song from The Sound Of Music.
They didn't even REALIZE that Gwen Stefani totally ripped off the classic movie.
Why Gwen...why?
7 Comments:
aww Thanks for singing for my cook. They didn't have David Cassidy huh?
As far as Gwen Stefani goes with "The Sound of Music", apparently she claimed that it was her favorite movie, and that she adores Julie Andrews. She always told ppl that she would write a song to the tune of one of "The Sound of Music" songs. So there's your back story.
I really don't care if Gwen Stefani liked the Sound of Music. It's lame to rip it off.
Now people are going to hear that song and think of Gwen rather than of Rodgers and Hammerstein, which is a crime IMO.
Its called sampling, a bizzillion and a half songs have been sampled over the years, and it barely has that song in it at all, just the riff from it a couple of times.
Madonna did it not long ago with "Sorry", the beginning is part of an ABBA song. Unfortunately, artists view it as an ode to the original, not blasphemy
No odes. Not on my watch.
And I thought it was "Gimme Gimme Gimme" that Madonna did it with (for her new song "Hung Up.")
yeah you're right, it was in "Hung up", not "sorry"
And it was "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie"
Gwen must be on a Showtune kick. "Rich Girl" sampled "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof.
Post a Comment
<< Home